Weir Minerals is a global leader in the provision of mill circuit technology and services, as well as the market leader in slurry handling equipment and associated aftermarket support for abrasive high wear applications. Its differentiated technology is used in mining, oil & gas and general industrial markets around the world.
The Weir Minerals Europe Operating Company supports customers across Europe, North Africa, Turkey and Central Asia with 2 manufacturing plants based in the UK.
The IT department at Weir Minerals Europe (located in Todmorden, West Yorkshire) is responsible for the delivery of IT Infrastructure and the planning, coordination, and control of information resources throughout Europe. This includes offices in Holland, Germany, Italy, Poland, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Finland, Sweden, Kazakhstan, Morocco, Turkey, Spain, Hungary, Romania and France. There are currently circa 440 users in the UK and a further 200 users in Europe.
As a member of the service desk team you will be responsible for the diagnosis and resolution of 1st and 2nd line service and incident requests from the business. You will be the first point of contact for the business and part of a team that will support IT users across many locations remotely as well as at the Todmorden site. You will be required to prioritise incidents effectively, quickly resolving them or escalating to the correct teams. Call management and ownership are vital to the success of the business and the right candidate will be able to demonstrate their skills in this area.
You will be involved with the implementation of projects at a site, country / region, operating company, divisional and group level meaning you will require excellent organisational skills and the ability to communicate with many different peoples from different backgrounds and cultures to effectively train, assist and improve their interactions with IT Systems.
Responsibilities and duties will include the following:
· Day to day management Service Desk function
· Oversee day to day fulfilment of Service Requests, Incidents, Monitoring and completion of daily tasks within SLA
· Manage incident and service tickets through to resolution
· Management of Service Desk processes such as Joiners, Movers Leavers etc
· Ensure that the Service Desk delivers excellent Customer Service
· Identify, design and implement improvements to IT services, tools and processes administered and supported by Service Desk
· Improve end user experience of technology within the group and drive initiatives to improve SLA performance of Service Desk deliverables
· Support the Service Desk team by providing guidance on analysis, trouble-shooting and problem solving to help expedite resolution as first point of contact for the team and the business for high priority cases
· Manage your own workload and prioritise work as well as develop, document and run the Service Delivery processes within the company
· Develop the Service Desk processes to the needs of IT and the wider business.
· Encourage and facilitate training of customers on platforms, technology and approach for delivering excellent service
· Ensure transfer of knowledge to across team
· Watch for trends that indicate potential problems or wider impact than first stated
· Maintain stock levels and asset inventory of equipment to ensure enough capacity to deal quickly with typical end user problems
· Ensure the team are informed of changes, maintenances, known problems and new services
· Proactively escalate to management tickets due to breach SLA or have potential to cause significant customer facing impact.
Person Specification / Skills
Should be outgoing, confident and comfortable communicating with management and users alike, being diplomatic and customer focused.
· Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new technologies
· Strong Team player with flexible approach
· Ability to plan your own workload
· Confidence and ability to work on your own initiative
· Pro-active approach to problem-solving
· Experience managing Process / Policy / Procedure and writing documentation for varied technical experience
· Software and Hardware Asset Management experience
· Fault Diagnosis Desktop / Laptop hardware and software problems and a technical all-rounder
· High levels of interpersonal and communication skills
· Experience working in a high-pressure environment with a high volume workload
· Extremely customer focused.
Degree or equivalent in a computer related subject. Foundation/Intermediate level ITIL qualifications are preferred. Certifications in Microsoft technologies are a requirement.
· Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate: Windows 10
· Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate: Office 365
Candidates must have at least 3 years of IT experience supporting end users. They should also have knowledge in the following areas:
· Active Directory administration
· AD Group policy management
· Sharepoint Online
· Windows Deployment Services (WDS)
· Windows Client OS - XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10
· Office Applications
· Office365 User administration
· VOIP Administration
· CAD Software
· Mobile Device operating systems.
Knowledge in the following areas would also be a distinct advantage:
· Lotus Notes Client
Will be expected to travel to Europe from time to time and provide support in a factory environment. As we are a 24x7 operation, the successful candidate may be required to be on call outside normal business hours and to work out of hours if the need arises.